The Library rules and regulations will be reviewed periodically to meet the changing needs based on the usage of the library resources.
To be a dynamic, competitive Centre of Excellence for teaching, learning, research and Community endeavors.
- To gain subject knowledge, generate their knowledge and converting knowledge into productive action.
- The library has implemented a learning process that involves more participation by students.
- The pedagogy comprises training the students in capturing, storing, accessing, sharing, creating and applying knowledge.
Name of the Librarian : Dr.R.MaheshKumar
Qualification : MLIS, M.Phil, PGDCA, Ph.D.
Experience : 13 Years
Dr.R.MaheshKumar has 13 years of experience as a Librarian. He has thorough knowledge of library automation which has helped him to conceptualize and plan the network and communication infrastructure of the library. He has attended several training programs and workshops to familiarize him with the emerging technologies in the field of library and information science. He is a member of ILA (Indian Library Association), SALIS (Society for the Advancement of Library and Information Science) and INFLIBNET.
The library is functioning with a total area of 4,300 Sq.Ft and 150 seating capacity.
Collection Development and Management
Library plays a vital role in furthering the academic and research mission and facilitates creation and dissemination of knowledge. Library holding an excellent print and E- Resources collection which is one of the important functions of the library that supports academic and research work of the students, faculty members and other users. Library is fully automated with AUTOLIB which is popular and advanced integrated Library automation management software. Library is effectively functioning with following the resources.
- Number of books available : 37729
- Rare books :271
- Books Added during 2017-18 : 481
- Periodicals : 200
- of CDs & DVDs : 3718
- Back volumes : 1381
- E Resources Available : NList, NDL, TNDL, etc.,
- E Resources : 6,000+ e-journals and 31,35,000+ e-books.
- Video Lectures and online courses : NPTEL, EDX, Ted, Khan Academy, Coursera etc.,
Timing for working hours
Timing for Transaction hours
On all College Working Days
9.00 AM to 5.30 PM
9.00 AM to 4.30 PM